Do you want to get involved with a North Brooklyn neighborhood group that works on environmental issues? Join us for a drink! The talks are purposefully short so that you’ll have plenty of time to grab a drink and talk directly with the experts and your neighbors.
Muchmores bar & venue
2 Havemeyer St (at N.9th) in Williamsburg
Tuesday, Feb 21st 6:30-8:30pm
NAG’s environmental happy hour is the third Tuesday of every even month and is hosted by NAG’s former community organizer (and national plastic bag policy expert) Jennie Romer. This month’s happy hour will feature short (5 minute) presentations by:
– Lisa Scheppke, Restoration Project Coordinator at Littoral Society, will give a presentation about the various educational programs and restoration projects that the American Littoral Society is currently engaged in. She will also discuss some upcoming volunteer opportunities as well as nature field trips offered by the Littoral Society and the Queens County Bird Club.
– Kate Mikuliak, Program Manager for Strategic Policy at New York City Department of Transportation, will present on New York City Department of Transportation’s strategic plan initiatives from an environmentalist perspective.
– Jennie Romer, founder of plasticbaglaws.org and host of the event, will discuss NYC’s carryout bag fee and the DRAMA with the state legislature’s attempts to preempt it.
– Richard Santangelo, Education Program Director Audubon New York and and Interim Program Director for Audubon’s For the Birds! NYC, will talk about the For the Birds! hands-on educational program at PS 110 and St. Stanislaus Academy.
Other environmental experts that will be in attendance include:
– Rita Pasarell, NAG’ s Board Chair (ask her about NAG’s ToxiCity map and the NuHart Superfund site)
***Let us know if you’re an environmental/