This Saturday, October 15th, from 11:00am to 4:00pm the New York State Office of Parks, Recreation, and Historic Preservation, in conjunction with Friends of East River State Park (of which NAG is a partner), is holding its annual Fall Harvest Festival in East River State Park in Williamsburg, Brooklyn.
Join us on the waterfront for a day of free, family-friendly activities for all ages. And when hunger strikes, hop next door on North 7th Street for a variety of packaged and prepared foods at Smorgasburg: A Brooklyn Flea Food Market.
- Planned events include:
- 11:00am – Environmental Workshop with Human Impacts Institute: Water Testing and Sampling of the East River
- 12:00pm – Zumba Lesson with Williamsburg Movement and Arts Center
- 1:00pm – Ari The Singalong Guy from Fridays at the Knitting Factory
- 1:00pm – Environmental Workshop with Human Impacts Institute: Tree Stewardship
- 2:00pm – DublHandi, a bluegrass/oldtime music project
- All-Day Activities include:
- Pumpkin Painting
- Build-Your-Own Scarecrow
- “Bobbing” for Apples
In addition, a number of local environmental organizations will be exhibiting during the Festival.
East River State Park is located in Williamsburg, Brooklyn at North 8th Street and Kent Avenue. The park is easily accessible via the L Train to Bedford and the East River Ferry to North 6th Street.